Types of Cultured Pearls
- Mabe Pearl is a dome-shaped assembled pearl produced by a hemisphere-shaped piece of plastic against the side of the shell interior.
- Due to irritation Oyster secretes nacre around that plastic, then plastic and nacre secretion is separated to obtained hemi-spherical nacre.
- This is then filled with epoxy resin with the base of mother-of-pearl.
- This mabe pearl should be handled with care because it may be scratched easily and mother-of-pearl separate from the blister of nature.
- This may be pearl should be handled with care because it may be scratched easily and mother-of-pearl separate from a blister of nacre.
- Thus While making mabe thick nacre layer must be selected to mabe durable, thin layer is more fragile.
READ MORE – WHAT IS A PEARL
SOLID BLISTER PEARL
- This Type of pearl is not assembled but similar to mabe pearls and are cultivated in freshwater in Tennessee.
- This Pearl is available in several shapes and has a distinctive look created by a mother-of-pearl border.
- Blister Pearls shows high iridescent colours and more expensive than mabe pearls.
- Keshi pearls are Barque Pearls produced in saltwater Oyster for Cultured Pearl production.
- Sometimes Oyster Rejects the Bead Nucleus But the Particles of muscle tissue remains and Nacre is Secreted around the Particles Which result in information of Keshi pearls.
- Keshi Pearls are Generally in Barque form with a Variety of Unusual Shapes and Occur in all shapes form Silver-White to Cream, Gray to Black, Yellow to Gold, Even in mauve and lilac colours.
- Japanese Keshi is Usually Very Small.
- According to Japanese ‘Keshi’ means Very tiny Particles.
- Now a Days Culturing of Keshi Pearls reduced Small Scale Production.
RINGED Or CIRCLE PEARL
- These Pearls Contains Concentric ring Circles around Pearls and Pattern Can be found in any type of Pearl.
- These Pearls are Usually Off rounded Or baroque in Shape and much less Expensive than round pearls Or Symmetrical Barquoes.
- Ringed Or Circle Pearl from the South Pacific Occurs in Shades of White, Gray to black and amperage.
- Half Pearl is usually Small Pearls that have been cut half to use for border decoration, as in a Continuous row of Pearls Surrounding a Cameo Or Centre Stone.
- Three-Quarter Pearls are not actually Round Pearls But in Overall appearance gives a rounded Impression.
A Three Quarter Pearl Can be :-
- A three-quarter Solid Cultured Blister Pearl Grown on the Side of the Interior of the Shell Using a Nucleus that is Only ¾ round is placed against the mollusc Shell. A Full Round Cultured pearl that has a Portion Cut to Eliminate a Blewish Or Imperfect Shape.
- These Pearls are Generally less Expensive pearls in Comparison to rounded pearls.
- In Earring these Pearls may be Used in Place of fully Rounded Pearls.